1) Deep Purple’s best selling single "Smoke on the water" was sold more than 500,000 copies USA alone in 1973.
2) "Smoke On The Water" song is a true story based on how a Swiss casino burnt down during a Frank Zapper and Mothers of Intervention concert in 1971.
3) Ian Paice, drummer is the only member to be in all incarnations of Deep Purple and the only member to appear on every album the band has released.
4) Deep Purple were once listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as "the loudest pop group".
5) Over 100 million albums of the band have been sold worldwide.
6) Russian president Dmitry Medvedev is a big fan of Deep Purple. He has all albums of the band.